We are thrilled to announce that 22 designs from the Furniture and 2D categories, representing the domestic and contract markets, have been awarded the prestigious Design Guild Mark in 2019.
Now in its eleventh year, the Design Guild Mark recognises the highest standards in the design of furnishings in volume production by the finest designers working in Britain, or British designers working abroad.
The Design Guild Mark is judged by a panel of leading industry professionals. Each member of the panel is from the furniture, hospitality, commercial, retail, or media industry.
The 2019 Design Guild Mark recipients are as follows:
- DGM 212: Ori Guest Bed designed by Catherine Aitken for Another Country
- DGM 213: Oran designed by Mark Gabbertas for Allermuir
- DGM 214: William Lounge Chair and Ottoman designed by Mark Gabbertas for Gloster Furniture
- DGM 215: Oxbow Lounge Chair designed by Namon Gaston & Peter Holmes for Namon Gaston & Peter Holmes
- DGM 216: BOB designed by Paul Kelley for Bisley
- DGM 217: Panel designed by Lucy Kurrein for Capdell
- DGM 218: Rock designed by Yorgo Lykouria for Allsteel
- DGM 219: Isla designed by Tom Potts for Lyndon
- DGM 220: Barrel designed by Philippe Malouin for SCP
- DGM 221: Bure Collection Designed by Steven Owens for &Bespoke
- DGM 222: Newson Aluminum Chair Designed by Marc Newson for Knoll International
- DGM 223: Object Collection Designed by Jonathan Prestwich for OPM Furniture
- DGM 224: S-Range Dining Chair designed by John and Sylvia Reid for Nathan Furniture
- DGM 225: WW Armchair CS3 designed by Alejandro Villarreal for Hayche
- DGM 226: Latis Collection designed by Samuel Wilkinson for The Conran Shop
- DGM 227: Mosaico designed by Another Brand for Another Brand in Partnership with Qualita Ltd.
- DGM 228: Aalya designed by Gary Bridge for Axminster Carpets
- DGM 229: Corian® Solid Surface with Resilience Technology™ designed by CD (UK) Ltd for CD (UK) Ltd
- DGM 230: That’s Caffeine designed by Atticus Durnell for Atticus Durnell
- DGM 231: Artistic Liberties designed by Claire Kimble and Helen Lloyd for Milliken
- DGM 232: Quirky B, Alternative Flooring with Liberty Fabrics designed by Liberty Fabrics with Alternative Flooring for Alternative Flooring
- DGM 233: Igneous designed by Nathan Philpott and Jemma Ooi for Custhom Design Ltd
Rodney McMahon, chairman of the Design Guild Mark, said: “The variety and quality of designs applying for the Design Guild Mark always makes for an interesting judging day and, this year, we were pleased to meet many new designers and companies willing to put themselves forward. The insights of our judges, and the challenging questions that they pose, ensure that the award of a Design Guild Mark is something to which to aspire.”